Ernest Sports

Lady Golfer: Cheyenne Woods Wins Australian Ladies Masters 2014


Cheyenne Woods won the Australian Ladies Masters at Royal Pines, beating Australian amateur Minjee Lee by two strokes.


It was the 23-year-old Woods' first major professional victory. She's the daughter of Tiger Woods' half brother Earl Dennison Woods Jr. Like Tiger, Cheyenne got her first golf lesson in Earl Sr.'s garage.



Woods shot a 4-under 69 in the final round to finish at 16-under for the tournament. She turned pro in 2012 following an impressive collegiate career at Wake Forest. She twice won All-American honors, finished with the lowest scoring average in school history, and won the 2011 ACC Championship



"I always knew that professional golf was something I was going to do," Woods told Golf Magazine. "There was never a second thought, I always knew that I was going to be on the LPGA Tour eventually. And I'm still working toward that. But I know that it will happen."


It was all smiles for Woods on Day 3, as she carried a one-shot lead into Sunday's final round.


"I want to prove to myself that I'm able to do it and I'm not just Tiger Woods' niece who gets all this attention," Woods told Golf Magazine. "Also, I would love to be the first African American woman to win on the LPGA Tour."


Woods failed to qualify for the LPGA Tour in December, but she'll tee it up next at the LPGA Tour-sanctioned Women's Australian Open in Victoria.




0 comments:

.

.
 

CONTACT US!

Name

Email *

Message *

GOLF LIFESTYLE ASIA does not claim credit for any images featured unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyright to its respectful owners. In no way are we responsible for, or have control over, the content of any external web site links. Information here may contain errors or inaccuracies; proprietors do not make warranty as to the correctness or reliability of the site's content. If you own rights to any of the images, or are depicted thereof, and do not wish them to appear here, please contact us for prompt removal.